Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The Children's Books (guilt of a working mother)

The problem with cleaning our “dead stock” cabinet (this is the open rack of paper materials from our past) is that it sparks guilty feelings in me. Why because, the stock were mostly children’s books I bought when we just migrated to Los Angeles and had no time to read to the kids because I spent more time on overtime works, or studying courses in line with my job.

Those fine books could have enriched my children’s knowledge or attached them more to reading than being hooked with the computer. Had I known then what I knew now, I wouldn’t be overly concerned of providing for my children’s material needs. I could have spent longer time reading books to them and they’ll have more stories from me to remember.

Now I have the time and know what is more important, I long to read to my children, but they won’t let me, they think it's lame. They are now teens starting to evolve in their own worlds. And because I couldn’t turn back the hands of time, I’ll just hold on to the books, until the time my children have their own children and I’ll volunteer to read to them.

No comments: