Tuesday, January 01, 2008

time...precious time

So long I have waited to catch up on my sleep; at last this holiday season gave me the sleep-all-you-can I wanted. It feels good to be in hibernation mode and finally watched the six episodes of Star Wars, that’s twelve hours seating, cuddling, or snuggling on the couch or on the bed. Awesome! Good that I’m finally awakened from the Anakin Skywalker slumber, he’s so cute, just can’t flush him out that fast.

The celebration of Christmas and New Year brought with it much food to feast on, plenty of talking and laughing with families and friends, chatting via IM or PC to PC talking cum webcam. A lot of catching up on everyone’s lives. It was a time for connecting and for some, reconnecting. As for me, the days-off work didn’t just gave me time to watch Star Wars and do all of the above but gave me some extra time to surf the www and look at pictures of classmates, batch mates, and long lost friends. And while I find pleasure seeing how everybody looked now, it also gave me a pinch of sadness to see everybody aged and realized that I aged too, and for how long my night cream and moisturizers will hide it, I don’t know…Hmmm…time is really something you cannot bring back, replay, or rewind. Don’t you wish you have a time remote…at your control?

For 2008 I’m skipping the New Year’s resolution, for one I observed, it is very easy to make the list but so difficult to stick to it, and based on my compliance success rate from last year’s I decided to just let the New Year be. No pressures…just a fresh mind set of positive expectations that this year will be better than the last. Is it midlife crisis telling me to take it easy and not be hard on myself? Well, I noticed I’m more toned-down, have longer patience, and more appreciative of the present. Okay…I do need that time remote :-)

Have a good year everybody and thanks for following my blogs.

No comments: