Monday, November 26, 2007

electric shock

I’m highly static -- to the point that you can see a spark, or in some instances, even hear a sound, when my finger touches metal objects. I have developed static paranoia and I am not happy. I’m scared to touch metal door handles; I avoid doing so, unless I have no choice. I look like a complete fool using tissue paper, heavy duty pens, or my foot (in case of lower drawers) to open the metal filing cabinets at the office. I don’t like that it scratches my shoes. I get tired explaining to people why I need tissue paper to pull out my files. I hate that I kick the door of my car instead of grabbing it by the handle to close it. I hope my neighbors are not looking or they will see me opening the gate with my foot and kicking it sideways to close. (Sigh…)

Being static is not funny, it is painful, and it is draining my energy. Imagine how much mental agony it brings when you anticipate a shock and to calm yourself after it actually happens? How come some people are more static than others? Is there a cure? I wonder how many out there are like me. I will Google more about it.

No comments: