Friday, April 07, 2006

Why complicate?

Do you wonder how mathematicians heat chicken nuggets in the microwave? This was a recent scenario in my household. (A short conversation of father and son...the engineer and the fact wizard)

Abraham: Daddy, how long should I heat my nuggets?
Brack: How many pieces?
Abraham: Seven
Brack: It should be fifteen seconds each.
Abraham: Wait!
(Mommy interrupted and hit the microwave setting to 2 minutes)
Abraham: That's a minute and forty-five seconds!
Mommy: Oh my! That’s silly, you two are complicating it!
Abraham: Mommy, you're violating the rules!
Mommy: Hmmp!!! (I hate Math to the max!)

My, I’m glad the other math wizard was sleeping that time.

Second scenario: wonder how kids describe the taste of a drink?

Brack: Abraham, how does Hawaiian Punch taste?
Abraham: Better than a Tikki Punch!

Simply short!

Now if it's Mommy being asked:

Mommy: It's sweet, tastes like a Tikki Punch but not really, it has similar crispness but not exactly...blah...blah...blah...I don't know, just taste it!

Ha!ha!ha! Life is simple, why complicate?
Man is an over-complicated organism. If he is doomed to extinction he will die out for want of simplicity. Ezra Pound

No comments: