Monday, March 06, 2006

Can you read my mind?

Sounds familiar? It is borrowed from a very popular song, theme to the movie Superman One.

Can you read my mind?... I guess not…this is why I miss Buh, a long time friend, who even in the absence of words, can read my mind. She doesn’t wonder who I am because she can picture the things I’m thinking of. We are on the same wavelength, tuned to the same frequency, is more like it. I own my thoughts and my feelings but Buh can decipher and interpret them exactly as I have it going inside. Maybe because we spent most of our youth years together, the most emotional, challenging, and learning times of our lives.

But since Buh is just one person and out there are million others who can’t read my mind, I realized that my thoughts are really unique to me. No one can read my mind like Buh does, and that in order not to be misunderstood and to foster quality relationships with family, friends, and colleagues, I should be able to express myself openly, positive or negative, straightly, even confrontational, if the occasion calls for it.

In keeping with my nature of not saying anything that would offend someone else's feelings, I’ve learned one or more lessons in life, and while most people would like to forget painful encounters, I’d like to talk about mine now and let go of it forever. It is hurting to experience the rudeness of jealous people who uses people to get what they need or just have their moments at other's expense. I regret then that I maintained my silence and had I made a timely confrontational response, the pain would not have been as much and I could have felt better sooner. Yet it’s still not too late to realize that the “keep it to yourself” attitude doesn’t work all the time, and that there will be future encounters, moving forward, these I promise myself:

  • I will openly communicate my positive and negative feelings.
  • I will speak specifically, even if it’s offending, as long as it’s righteous
  • I will respond timely, communicate descriptively and responsibly depending on whom I am relating to.

Then and only then…YOU CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME

The reality of the other person is not in what he reveals to you, but in what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says but rather what he does not say. Kahlil Gibran

Click Here To Write Me

2 comments:

boo ✈️ said...

aba igan, kaaya-aya ang blog mo lalo ngayon!
:-)

Zarah Dizon said...

Cute ka talaga igs!