Sunday, October 21, 2007

what happens in transition...

Two of my friends from way back changed jobs, rather, changed employers or moved to different industries, but does the same things they did for their entire career. Brack had the same experience last month when he left his job of six years but is now adjusted to his new environ. I hopped into the bandwagon and come Monday of next month will breakaway from the boundaries that kept me sober and firm for the last five and a half years. I am stepping-out of my comfort zone.

My lawyer-boss, whom I will still continue to work with as a contractor once I start my full time job at the other company, said I’ll be fine. A former boss who is my biggest fan when it comes to work said, I shouldn’t worry as I am good with everything. He said, I am like a Genie who gives him what he needs in a stroke of a lamp. I’d like to fill my head with their complements but I’ll be doing something I haven’t done in many years, despite it being my Bachelor’s. I’ll be learning (and need to catch up fast), two accounting application software.

Right now my subconscious is integrating my new position into the system. I’m having vivid dreams of invoices and financial statements.

No comments: