Thursday, November 30, 2006

third in a row...but shall return

Two of my closest friends at work said goodbye a few months ago. Another one is going, the Princess from Ivory Coast whom I loved to call daughter, is bound for Madrid, today.

Frieda introduced me to the books of Shel Silverstein. Whenever the poem “The Prayer of a Selfish Child” comes my mind, it is her I remember. She came to the company as a fresh graduate from UCLA. She is multi-literate in several languages, English, French, German, their native language (which I kept forgetting what it’s called), and soon Spanish, which is the reason she’s flying to Spain, to study.

Frieda is almost two decades my junior but we get along really well. I guess because we’re on the same wavelength despite the big age gap. Like me, she is also a tech-gadget geek, maybe more than I am. She changes her IPOD as frequent as Apple releases their newest model. Her digital camera? Conservatively twice a year, or so…

We spent quite a lot of time together in the office but the ones I remember most are the fun we had during our few gigs.

Watching a movie or a stage play is more fun when you go with Frieda. She’s got so much life in her and you could feel the genuineness of her laughs. I love the way she laughed, very much.

Driving and getting lost on your way can be fun too, but only when you’re with Frieda. When someone’s being rude to her, she would ask me to be rude with that person too, ha!ha!ha! No one’s more natural than her.

There were times I would email her in French trying to impress her but I gave up, languages are not for me, only for Frieda.

When she called an hour before her flight departs for Spain, I began to miss her badly…then I wrote this blog.

P.S. She is coming back next summer so the fun continues :-)

With true friends...even water drunk together is sweet enough. Chinese Proverb

No comments: